Any Disney cruise is magical, but the Christmas ones are over the top!
There are all sorts of Christmas things going on the whole cruise. It’s a little different on the week of Christmas than in the sailing before Christmas week, however you won’t miss out on any of the festivities. In true Disney fashion everything is tip-top holiday decor and full of fun.
Lots of activities from cookie decorating, and making ornaments, Christmas music plays 24/7, and it snows in the atrium! You can sign your kid’s names in Santa’s book -naughty or nice.
There is specialty shows and events. A tree lighting ceremony in the atrium with the characters, Christmas caroling, and families getting their photos with ugly sweaters.
Other things you can expect and don’t want to miss out on:
- Pajama photos! It’s true, you will find people walking around the ship in matching Pajamas. It’s a very popular thing. In the kid’s club there’s a Pluto PJ party and kids wear their PJ’s. Parents can take photos but Disney rule, no parents allowed in the kids club.
- Goofy and other characters will be in their PJ’s as well. In the morning, in the atrium, Goofy is walking around and behaving as if he just woke up.
- Mrs. Claus will read stories in the atrium.
- The Cast Members are all in their holiday costumes and have on Christmas hats.
- There is a HUGE Gingerbread house in the atrium and the entire atrium smells yummy (gingerbread and spices).
- You can enjoy a Winter Wonderland Ball in the atrium with Mr. and Mrs, Claus – it snows. It snows on Castaway Cay too!
- Don’t miss your chance to have a family photo with SANTA. He has only a few opportunities throughout the week so check your Navigator for the times.
- A family photo by the Huge Christmas tree or gingerbread house are perfect to capture this moment.
If you want to make a gingerbread house, and who could resist, then this fun event was a ticketed event in years past. You would need to tickets from Guest Services as soon as you board. They generally sell out within a few hours after open boarding. These are pre-cut gingerbread pieces that you put together and decorate, but it’s still fun.
Lastly, you can order in-room decor and treats specific for your holiday cruise. This fun decor with take home blanket, pillow, magnetic advent calendar and gift hanger is $69.00 (subject to change) and can be ordered via Disney gifts. There are also cookies and other fun items to consider ordering.
I hope you found this helpful and has increased your excitement for all the fun holiday in store for you on your Disney Holiday Cruise. The best part… no one has to cook or do the dishes! It’s best to book early for the best price and availability.
Until next time…
When you’re ready to book your Disney Cruise vacation then reach out to us to help. Info@sailsand.com | 757.603.6138
Ready to get started today! Complete this inquiry form and I will contact you.
As to Disney photos, artwork, logos, and properties: ©Disney | Ships’ Registry: The Bahamas